The following events occurred in 1992:
Events[edit | edit source]
- Unknown date: Quintin Black brand established.
- 24 April: Norbert hatches.
- 25 May: Harry overhears Quirrell arguing with Lord Voldemort, and assumes that Snape is threatening Quirrell.
- 26 May: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Draco Malfoy serve detention in the Forbidden Forest with Rubeus Hagrid. They spot a dead unicorn and Harry encounters Lord Voldemort for the first time since his infancy.
- 4 June: Harry, Ron, and Hermione keep the Philosopher's Stone from Professor Quirrell, Quirrell dies and Lord Voldemort leaves the physical world once again without a body.
- 31 July: Harry, on his twelfth birthday, is visited by Dobby. He receives a warning from the Improper Use of Magic Office.
- Harry is rescued from 4 Privet Drive by Ron and Fred and George Weasley, and they go to the Burrow.
- Hermione Granger Makes fun of her little sister for breaking her pretend wand.
- Harry, Hermione, and the Weasleys shop in Diagon Alley. In Flourish and Blotts, they meet Gilderoy Lockhart and Lucius Malfoy. Lucius slips an old school diary of Tom Riddle’s to Ginny Weasley 's cauldron. He also starts a fight with Arthur Weasley.
- Between 1 September and 18 December: Armando Dippet dies.
- 1 September: Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Colin Creevey and Harper begin at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry and Ron miss the Hogwarts Express and fly a car to school.
- 8 September: The Chamber of Secrets is opened by Ginny Weasley, under the influence of Tom Riddle’s diary.
- 31 October: The Chamber of Secrets is opened again and the basilisk petrifies Mrs. Norris.
- 8 November: Colin Creevey is petrified by the basilisk.
- Winter: A secret passage behind a mirror on the fourth floor caves in, forcing Fred and George to stop using it. It formerly led to Hogsmeade.
- December: Sometime during the week before Christmas, the British Ministry of Magic conducts a raid on Malfoy Manor, but fails to find anything.
- 17 December: At the first meeting of the Dueling Club, Harry Potter speaks Parseltongue and many suspect that he is the Heir of Salazar Slytherin.
- 18 December: Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly-Headless Nick are petrified by the basilisk.
- 25 December: Hermione Granger finishes brewing Polyjuice Potion. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley use it to take on the appearances of Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe, respectively, while Hermione accidentally turns partially into a cat.
Individuals who started at Hogwarts[edit | edit source]
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Armando Dippet
- Cassiopeia Black
- Cygnus Black III
- Lucretia Prewett (née Black)
- Quirinus Quirrell
- Unnamed 'runt' dog of Marjorie Dursley.
- Nicholas Flamel
- Perenelle Flamel
[edit | edit source]
- 1992 on Wikipedia
See also[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
|20th century : 1990s|
|1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 1999|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.