|The Frog Choir|
The Frog Choir was a singing group of Hogwarts students conducted by Professor Filius Flitwick. They usually practised in the Great Hall. The choir is quite talented, being able to both sing fluently in Latin as well as polyphonically.
1993-1994 school yearEdit
On 1 September 1993, the choir led a presentation of Something Wicked This Way Comes during the Welcoming Feast after the Sorting ceremony. The choir members sang while carrying toads (one of which was Trevor, Neville Longbottom's toad) which croaked during the song, and were accompanied by a harpsichord, a drum, a harp, and flutes. While Filius Flitwick joined the feast, the choir retreated from the Hall after the song.
1995-1996 school yearEdit
In 1995, Dolores Umbridge was put in charge of observing teachers and their lessons and inspected one of Flitwick's choir practices in the Great Hall. She seemed pleased and, perhaps, impressed, before embarassing Flitwick with a measuring tape.
1996-1997 school yearEdit
In early October 1996, the choir had an emergency practice that forced Flitwick to retreat from Hogsmeade Village back to Hogwarts Castle. In the end of the school year, Professor Flitwick had a rehearsal with the choir in the Great Hall late in the evening. As they sang the English and Latin song, In Noctem, clouds rolled in around the school and the Battle of the Astronomy Tower was soon to begin. Midway through the session, Minerva McGonagall interrupted and told Flitwick to wake the Potions master, Severus Snape.
- Filius Flitwick (conducter)
- Unidentified Choir Member (I)
- Unidentified Choir Member (II)
- Unidentified Choir Member (III)
- Unidentified Choir Member (IV)
Behind the scenesEdit
- The choir does not appear in any of the books, making its first appearance in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It was added by director Alfonso Cuarón and J.K. Rowling admitted that she simply loved the idea. Cuarón even considered having little people play an organ in the Great Hall along with the choir but this idea was rejected by J. K. Rowling.
- In the video game version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, and the video game version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for GBC there is one Music Classroom featured on the Fifth Floor of Hogwarts. It could be a possible place for the Choir to practice.
- During the opening celebrations of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter there was a performance of The Hogwarts March and Something Wicked This Way Comes by the Choir, directed by Warwick Davis, just like in the movies.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and referencesEdit