|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Mr. Goyle was a pure-blood wizard, Death Eater, husband of Mrs. Goyle and the father of Gregory. Goyle fought during the First Wizarding War. He didn't search for Lord Voldemort after his first downfall, but this was forgiven in 1995, after Voldemort's return at the Little Hangleton graveyard, in which Goyle was present. Goyle possibly fought at several battles of the Second Wizarding War, including the Battle of Hogwarts. After the battle and Voldemort's final defeat, Goyle was presumably killed or imprisoned in Azkaban.
First Wizarding WarEdit
Goyle was a Death Eater during the First Wizarding War and was loyal to his master up until his downfall, when Goyle managed to avoid Azkaban. Around the downfall of Voldemort, Goyle and his wife had a baby boy, Gregory Goyle, who would be educated at Hogwarts from 1991 to 1998, and be friends with Vincent Crabbe and Draco Malfoy.
Second Wizarding WarEdit
Goyle was one of the few Death Eaters who returned to Lord Voldemort when he rose to power again in 1995. Voldemort was displeased when he learned that Goyle did not attempt to find him, but Goyle was forgiven. It is most likely that he fought in several battles during the Second Wizarding War, including the Battle of Hogwarts.
During the 1995-1996 school year, Goyle's son, Gregory, and Crabbe's son, Vincent, both cornered Susan Bones, and Gregory told her that his father thought that her aunt Amelia Bones was a trouble-maker.
After Voldemort's final defeat, Goyle was presumably imprisoned in Azkaban.
Behind the scenesEdit
- It is not specified if Goyle attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Goyle's only specified appearance is in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It is unverified if he participated in any of the later events of the Second Wizarding War.
- In the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Goyle is played by Richard Rosson.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and referencesEdit
Alecto Carrow | Amycus Carrow | Antonin Dolohov | Augustus Rookwood | Avery (I) | Avery (II) |
Barty Crouch Jr. | Bellatrix Lestrange | Crabbe | Evan Rosier | Gibbon | Goyle |
Jugson | Lestrange | Mulciber (I) | Mulciber (II) | Nott | Rabastan Lestrange | Rodolphus Lestrange | Rosier | Selwyn | Thorfinn Rowle | Travers | Walden Macnair | Wilkes | Yaxley
|Death Eaters who Defected:|
|Category:Death Eater allies:|
Vincent Crabbe | Golgomath | Gregory Goyle | Fenrir Greyback | Narcissa Malfoy (defected) |
Quirinus Quirrell | Scabior | Dolores Umbridge
Dementors | Giants (Golgomath's control) | Muggle-Born Registration Commission | Snatchers | Werewolves