|Height of average adult||
Less than 6 ft
Biology and DescriptionEdit
Compared to the Pixie they are of similar height, between six to eight inches, but that is where the physical similarities end. The Imp cannot fly like the Pixie, nor is it as brightly coloured.
Imps make their home in marshland, where they indulge their slapstick sense of humour by pushing and tripping the unwary.
Diet and BehaviorEdit
The Imp's diet consists mainly of insects. Imp breeding habits are like the Pixie's, but their young hatch full formed.
and make grumpy noises that seem so menacingly evil yet have a cute spot.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, you encounter Imps within Ollivanders Wand Shop, where you must knock them out with the Knockback Jinx and throw them in a cage to trap them. You will have similar encounters with them in the remainder of the game and in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. They also appear in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but instead of throwing them into a cage, they throw Wizard crackers, and you must kill them by throwing the Cracker back at them.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them