- "The raven continued to open and close its sharp beak, but no sound came out."
Professor Filius Flitwick had his fifth year Charms students practice this spell at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and assigned it as homework to those who could not perform it competently in class.
Behind the scenesEdit
- If performed incorrectly, the target will swell up to an immense size and begin making deafening sounds.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Nintendo DS version only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Notes and referencesEdit
|Professors: Filius Flitwick|
|Textbooks: The Standard Book of Spells · Achievements in Charming · Quintessence: A Quest|
|Charmbook writers and charm developers: Miranda Goshawk · Scarpin · Felix Summerbee · Randolph Keitch · Basil Horton · Mnemone Radford · Elliot Smethwyck · Jarleth Hobart|
|Charms studied at Hogwarts: Levitation Charm · Fire-Making Charm · Softening Charm · Cleaning Charm · Cheering Charm · Glacius · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Silencing Charm · Mending Charm · Reductor Curse · Colour Change Charm · Growth Charm · Water-Making Spell · Aresto Momentum · Locomotion Charm|